Velocity control of XM430-W350-R

Use the following template to help create your post:
%%%

1. What model of servo are you using?
    XM430-W350-R
    %%%
  2. Describe your control environment. This includes the controller or interface, and any power source.
    Matlab 2020b, ‘PCWIN’, compiler: ‘PCWIN64’, protocode version: 2.0
    %%%
  3. Specify the operating mode for applicable models, and any firmware settings you are using.
    EXT_POSITION_CONTROL_MODE, mode number: 4, control table address: 11
    %%%
  4. Include pictures if possible.

Velocity is recorded using the following code:
    v_present = double(typecast(uint32(read4ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_PRO_PRESENT_VELOCITY)),‘int32’));
    p_present = double(typecast(uint32(read4ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_PRO_PRESENT_POSITION)),‘int32’));
    %%%%
  5. Include a full description of the issue.
    Hello, i want to perform a bi-directional rotation via XM430-W350-R at a constant velocity.
    I’m confused with the definition of velocity limit, velocity profit, or goal velocity to achieve the control of velocity.
    The actual results shows that the output velocity is not stable. Thus I want to ask that which variable need to be contrainted to achieve to the constant velocity in ext position mode.
    I attach here the code to definition de motion mode:
    v_rot=5;
    write4ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_PRO_PROFILE_VELOCITY, typecast(int32(v_rot), ‘uint32’));
    write4ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_PRO_PROFILE_ACCELERATION, typecast(int32(50), ‘uint32’));
    write4ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_PRO_GOAL_VELOCITY, typecast(int32(v_rot*2), ‘uint32’));
    write1ByteTxRx(port_num, PROTOCOL_VERSION, DXL_ID, ADDR_OPERATING_MODE, EXT_POSITION_CONTROL_MODE);
1 Like

Hello, i want to perform a bi-directional rotation via XM430-W350-R at a constant velocity.
I’m confused with the definition of velocity limit, velocity profit, or goal velocity to achieve the control of velocity.
The actual results shows that the output velocity is not stable. Thus I want to ask that which variable need to be contrainted to achieve to the constant velocity in ext position mode.

• Velocity Limit - It is the limitter range for velocity of DYNAMIXEL that you can set
  • Goal Velocity - Target Velocity that DYNAMIXEL actually reach
  • Profile Velocity - Graph of velocity change. According to e-Manual it says, “The Profile is an acceleration/deceleration control method to reduce vibration, noise and load of the motor by controlling dramatically changing velocity and acceleration.
    Thus, Profile Velocity helps to reduce the stress on DYNAMIXEL by controling the dynamic change of velocity. Still bit confused? Please open DYNAMIXEL Wizard 2.0 and perform small test.

What you should reference,

1. You do not have to set Profile Velocity / Profile Acceleration every time. Goal Velocity is dependent variable to Profile Velocity and Profile Acceleration. If you loop the these factors, you may get dynamic change of velocity in DYNAMIXEL.

2. See how to calculate velocity in Position Mode and understand the process of Profiles

1 Like