Setting the operating mode

i choose here these two

but later, when i want to see the live graph, only the current is shown an not the load

under the video it says,
DYNAMIXEL X-Series Current-based Torque Control Testing.
However, there is only the mode
Current-Based-Position…

Or do i have to write something in the software dynamixel sdk

Hi, @SL1111

1. Present Load is not the data that your DYNAMIXEL use. Present Current(Address 132) represents the Present Load (Slightly Differ),

2. Feel like the videos (Both videos @Gaiajoypop suggested to watch) is supposed to explaining current control (Torque is proportional to current) by regulating Goal Current(116), and the Present Current shows , it only reaches the set Goal Current(Address 116) as a limit, no matter what force is given to the output of the DYNAMIXEL.

That means in the video you have seen that no matter what load acts on the motor, the motor always applies the same current and thus the same torque, right?

1. See below my resulting test by regulating the Goal Current(112).
  • Setting Goal Current >> 200. This will regulates how much current flows throught the DC motor.
    Thus, when you give a load on the DYNAMIXEL, it will only reach the current up to ~ 200 with Present Current (2.69*200 = ~538mA).

낙서장

• Setting Goal Current >> 100. This will regulates how much current flows throught the DC motor.
    Thus, when you give a load on the DYNAMIXEL, it will only reach the current up to ~ 100 with Present Current (2.69*100 = ~269mA).

낙서장 (1)

Here is the block diagram of Current Based Position Mode that can be set by accessing the address 11 (Operating Mode). The block diagram shows the Goal Current (As well as Goal PWM) goes to limiter factor and limits the current through the motor, which proves my testing result above.

1. I am afraid I don’t give a call for giving a help the only user. Note that this is a community page where to share knowledge, experience, project, and giving hands for nothing rewards.
1 Like

does this mean that the current load cannot be displayed in the graph at all?

As the Present Load is not supported by X series, you can not plot it on the graph as you’ve seen it on the graph result.

1 Like