Robotis MicroPython API reference manual

@willson

Looking at the whole range from Robotis it is very obvious that Robotis has very talented engineers designing their products and I am sure that I will enjoy building many things using Robotis hardware.

Robotis have been in the C and Ardunio domain for a long time and understand the users needs well. Although python is just an abstraction layer that sits on top C it is very abstracted from C and users land is very different. I have no doubt that over time Robotis Micropython will mature.

I also understand that Robotis wants to protect it’s IP but Robotis has already made it’s protocol fully public. There is enough information for someone to work out how to make their own version of the CM-550 already if they really wanted to.

I am not sure why Robotis has Cpython so open yet micropython so closed. The Cpython API is fully documented here DYNAMIXEL SDK and the source code is here DynamixelSDK/python at master · ROBOTIS-GIT/DynamixelSDK · GitHub so when using Cpython the user has a full use of Robotis API and full use of Cpython but when using micropython most of the API is undocumented and a lot of Micropython firmware is missing making for more limited experience on what is exceptional hardware.