OpenManipulator-X immediately returning "Completed trajectory execution with status SUCCEEDED"

1. What model of servo are you using?
    Dynamixel XM430-W350 (OpenManipulator-X)

2. Describe your control environment. This includes the controller or interface, and any power source.
    Turtlebot3 with an OpenManipulator mounted on the top layer. One 11.1V LiPo battery is powering a Raspberry Pi and OpenCR board. The OpenManipulator and the TurtleBot’s two wheels are connected to the OpenCR board.

3. Specify the operating mode for applicable models, and any firmware settings you are using.
    OpenCR firmware has been configured for the model “om_with_tb3”.

4. Include pictures if possible.

5. Include a full description of the issue.
    I’m working with an OpenManipulator arm connected to a TurtleBot3, but there’s a strange issue I’m running in to when I try to use MoveIt to control the manipulator. Whenever I send a request to execute a planned trajectory, the move_group node immediately displays the following, even when the manipulator is still moving:

• Controller arm_controller successfully finished
  • Completed trajectory execution with status SUCCEEDED ...

When I used the Turtlebot3 w/ OpenManipulator in Gazebo, the move_group node would block until the manipulator had finished moving, so the timing is causing issues when I test my algorithm with a physical arm. Since everything was working fine in Gazebo, I am assuming that there is some hardware setting that I have configured incorrectly. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?

Figured it out; looks like the bringup node is using the topic interface to joint_trajectory_controller, so it can’t monitor the execution progress and returns SUCCESSFUL immediately.

1 Like

Seems you are good at ROS.
Please use your amazing experience and help other TurtleBot3 users. This would make this community more actively.