Only 1 screwdriver with Robotis Engineer kits 1 and 2

I recently purchased the Robotis Engineer Kits 1 and 2.

Only 1 screwdriver cam with the kits and it only fits one type of screw. It inly fits the dynamixel wheel screws. I had to buy many precision screwdriver sets to locate one that was right for the assembly screws. I still don’t have one that is perfect and I strip screws regularly. Any one else have this issue?

1 Like

They are metric screws! Yes, that is a thing! Buy a set of these! JIS Screwdrivers- Japanese Insustrial Screwdrivers. RC car, airplane and helcopter owners have the same issue.

1 Like

Thanks! Much appreciated.

1 Like

I still have to wonder Why only one screwdriver is supplied. Especially since the users manual states to only use the supplied screwdriver. Maybe Robotis engineers can answer this…

1 Like

The kit has the standard Robotis screwdriver. It should work for both the M2 and M3 screws. It has worked for me in the past.

1 Like

Negative Ghost rider. The screwdriver is too large for the majority of screws in my kit excluding the Dynamixel servo wheel center screws.

1 Like

I got my Kit 1 and Kit 2 last year, and that single screw driver worked fine for all screw types and sizes that came with both Kits. Unless somehow ROBOTIS recently got a different supplier for the screws or the screw driver?

1 Like

That is possible. I got mine 4 months ago. Anything can happen but given the silence from Robotis on this subject, I am crazy or the gods are crazy.

Take care Roboteer!

1 Like

Can you post some pictures?

ori-phillips-screw-driver-sd-01-for-bioloid-robotis-robots-956

1 Like

It is a PH1-75

In the second pic, you can easily see the 2 different sizes of screws. This driver fits the center screw but is too large for the outside 3. The majority of screws are all of the smaller type.

1 Like

There has to be some type of misunderstanding? The screwdriver works for me.

1 Like

There is no misunderstanding. The screwdriver simply does not fit 90% of the screws.

1 Like

I don’t understand why not? It works for me.

1 Like

I have the same screwdriver and outside screws. Sometimes I had to apply more “down” pressure while turning the screwdriver more slowly, so that the screwdriver’s tip won’t tend to ride out of its proper location on the screw’s head. And the screwdriver’s tip does get worn out from usage.

1 Like

With all due respect, I know how to use a screwdriver. I am a mechanic/computer tech by trade. I currently manage the IT Department for a local college. The screwdriver does not fit all of the screws.

I don’t know how more clear I can be.

Thanks anyway guys.

1 Like