Chromebook vs. Android Tablet and TASK files permission

@Yogurt_Man @willson
OS used: Windows PC, Chromebook and Android Tablet

I have installed TASK V.2 and V.3 on a Samsung Tab A and on a Chromebook. After transferring my own TSKX and TSK3 files (coming from a Windows PC) into working folders on the Tab A (via Windows Explorer into the Tab A internal storage) and on the Chromebook (via a SD card into the Chromebook internal storage), I had found that:

1. On the Tab A, I can use TASK 2 and TASK 3 to open those TSKX and TSK3 files of mine and edit them OK inside those respective tools, which is great!
  2. However, on the Chromebook, I had found that TASK 2 and TASK 3 can “see” (i.e. list) those files of mine, but for some reasons those tools will not pull them up into their respective Editing Screens (and no notification of any error). But, if I first pulled up some of those ROBOTIS “internal” TASK example programs and then saved them separately out into those same working folders, then I can do any editing/reediting on those “exported” files OK.

For the Chromebook, I managed to share one of those working folders (i.e. TASK) into Linux so that I can examine their file permission settings, see picture below:

As you can see, “Avoider.tsk3” (“exported” internal ROBOTIS example) has the same user permissions as “RC-Basics4c.tsk3” (one of my own TSK3 files). But TASK 3 will pull in “Avoider3.tsk3” and it will not pull in “RC-Basics4c.tsk3”!!!

So “file-permission” may not be the issue here? It seems that TASK 2 and TASK 3 (designed for Mobile Android devices) do not quite work in the same way when installed on Chromebooks?

Has anyone encountered this issue or know of a solution for it?

Many Thanks!

1 Like

@Tech_Support @Yogurt_Man
Update 1/16/2022
I have 2 other Chromebooks which are based on ARM chips and they don’t have this problem at all. The Chromebook that has this problem is an Acer Spin 713 based on Intel i5 (10th generation). All three are on the latest Chrome OS.
I don’t know anything at all about how R+m.TASK 2 & 3 Apps are generated, so may be this is just a “meaningless” coincidence or may be it is just a matter of including the Intel i5 in the configuration when generating the next version of R+m.TASK 2 & 3?
Has anyone else used an Intel based Chromebook to corroborate with this finding?
Of course, I am going to check with Acer in the mean time.